Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Maddox turns 1

Last week Maddox turned one.  It feels like just yesterday he was born.  The year went by so fast!  I made him a little cake for his birthday.  He had so much fun playing in it.  The weather was beautiful that day which is not normal invJanuary for Kansas City.  It was 70 degrees and he wore a short sleeve short.  Crazy, but we were loving it!  We had some of his little friends over for a playdate in the morning.  I made cinnamon rolls for everyone and we had lots of fruit!  It was fun!

He is so full of energy and we love our sweet boy!  He took his first steps a couple weeks ago and now he is a walking machine.  He only has his two bottom teeth and the top two are just barely starting to make their appearance.  He doesn't say any words yet, but he babbles away.  I took him to the doctor on the the 29th and he weighed 22 lbs 13oz and was 30 1/4 inches long.  He is right about the 50th percentile almost every time we go.  His head on the other hand is in the 80th percentile.  I love watching him observe and learn new things. Recently he has watched us drink out of cups and he wants to all the time.  He doesn't like using his sippy cup, he wants one like mom and dad. Also, this morning I was using a rag to wipe up the food under his high chair and he got a rag and started doing the same thing.  It was so cute!  I am working on weaning him.  He is down to 2 feedings a day.   Once when he wakes up and once before bed.  I am hoping to be done in the next week or two!  He loves to knock things over and make large messes.  He is very independant and doesn't really like to cuddle.  Sometimes I miss holding him asleep in my arms, but he is so much fun now and we are just enjoying every stage with him.  Jacob and I are both so grateful to have him in our family!


Story time at the library!

 
He loves pasta with sauce.


Playing in the stove drawer.





He climbs on everything.

 


Stood on top of the sugar to reach the next shelf.  He sure is smart!

 
Getting ready for church.


Birthday Boy!


 


I made him a no sugar added birthday cake with bananas and unsweetend applesauce.



'

No comments:

Post a Comment